Inky's Choice: Just One Day by Gayle Forman
5 reasons to read Just One Day by Gayle Forman:
1. Gayle Forman. Gayle Forman. You know - writer extraordinaire, longlisted for a little thing called the Inky Awards in 2009 (for If I Stay), and then shortlisted for the Inky Awards in 2011 (for Where She Went).
2. Paris! City of mystery, of enchantment, of the finest- oh, wait. That's Agrabah. But still! There's no shortage of love for Paris, and this book will take you there - down romantic laneways and into quirky arrondissements, in just one day that you'll wish would last forever.
3. While the romantics will love that one day, this is also a book about what happens after. It is a book about losing yourself and finding yourself:
'You're just trying on different identities... And the people we pretend at, they're already in us. That's why we pretend them in the first place.'
4. It does Shakespeare in a way that's fun and unconventional. Just what the bard ordered.
5. It features macarons. (Who doesn't love treats?)