Inky's Choice: Six Impossible Things by Fiona Wood
It might have been released waaaaay back in 2010, but not only is it still a brilliant read, Fiona Wood is visiting my Library for Reading Matters! (!!!) So if you haven't read it already, here's 5 reasons to read Six Impossible Things by Fiona Wood:
1. Howard, the psychic dog. (Can I just make every reason Howard? No? Okay...)
2. It contains very useful information on how to fit in at a new school. Like: you probably shouldn't turn around when someone calls out 'Hey, dickhead!'
3. In case it wasn't obvious from reason number 2, Six Impossible Things specialises in wit.
4. Underneath the wit, Dan Cereill (pronounced surreal, not cereal) is smart, and going through a pretty tough time. I love his frankness about the world, and about his own decisions.
5. Its ending is perfectly executed.