My Easy Fried Rice Recipe
Because I love to cook, I want to share my easy fried rice recipe with you. This makes enough for a family of 4. Just halve it if you want to make a smaller amount.
EASY FRIED RICE
Step One: Before you make the fried rice you have to make plain boiled rice.
1. Place 2 cups of uncooked rice (I use Basmati because it has less starch) in a saucepan and rinse until the water is clear.
For the correct measurement of water, put your finger upright with your fingertip touching the surface of the rice. The water should come up to your first joint.
2. Cook the rice on high heat until it boils
3. Then turn to very low to simmer with the saucepan lid on its side so it won't boil over.
Cook for 10 minutes. Then a further 5 minutes with the lid on properly. Turn off heat.
Step 2: Making the fried rice
2 spring onions chopped
3 slices of ham or you can use bacon or Chinese roast pork
¾ Cup of frozen peas
1 teaspoon of salt.
2 tablespoons of oil (I always use light olive oil to cook)
1 tablespoon light soya sauce
1. Dice bacon or ham or pork. Chop spring onions. Cook frozen peas according to directions on packet and set aside.
2. Break eggs into small bowl and beat.
3. Heat wok or pan, add about 2 tablespoons of oil and pour in egg mixture. You want to end up scrambling the egg so stir it around and chop it up with your spatula until it’s cooked and in small pieces.
4. Add the cooked plain steamed rice and toss it with the egg. Add the salt.
5. Add ham, peas and spring onions. Mix well.
6. Lastly add the soya sauce and stir fry well to distribute even colouring and serve.
I hope you enjoy it!